Adding a second monitor

Punk

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Hi guys,

Since I have a spare monitor, I'd like to set up a dual monitor. Both have HDMI but only one spot on my Graphic Card. The HDMI port on my motherboard seems to be disconnected (or non existent) since connecting one monitor on my GC and one on the MB didn't work. What should I buy to have both monitors working at the same time (all I found was to have one output at a time...). I could consider using VGA or DVI, but I'll be losing quality as both are 1080p monitors...

Thanks for your help!

johnb35

Administrator
What motherboard and cpu do you have? It may not support hybrid video or its possible the option in bios is disabled.

Darren

Founding Member
Supermoderator
DVI is totally fine for 1080p, one of my 3 screens runs on that. Quality should be identical to HDMI or DisplayPort. You can get cables that are DVI on one end and HDMI on the other pretty readily.

Intel_man

Supermoderator
DVI only becomes a problem at high bandwidth scenarios (i.e. 1440p@144, 4K@60, etc...) It should handle 1080p no problem even at 144hz so long as it's DVI-D.

Punk

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Works perfectly as we speak! Thanks for your help! :)

What motherboard and cpu do you have? It may not support hybrid video or its possible the option in bios is disabled.
Sorry for the late response, I have an I5 4690k and I can't remember which MB I have, let me have a look :)