Computer Showroom

Darren

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
Sidenote, I feel like this might fit better in the Custom Builds section rather than mods but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Origin Saint

VIP
VIP
Best answers
I'll post mine when I get home today so everyone can laugh at my inadequacy like the last 22 years of my life :D

M1kkelZR

VIP
VIP
Best answers
Actually finally upgraded the PC today. from a 2500k to a Ryzen 5 1600! It's sooooo good.
It's a bit dusty at the moment but when the full upgrade (8gb more ram and a better CPU cooler) is complete then I'll clean it out completely.

Shane

Best answers
Nice,i actually like those new AMD stock coolers,Would absolutely love a Threadripper based system,Even though it would be complete overkill for what i do :D

Motorcharge

VIP
VIP
Best answers
AMD is doing coolers right it seems these days. I loved the Wraith that came with my FX-8350. Was stupid quiet and very small for how well it cooled my CPU. Almost wasn't worth picking up my water cooler.

Darren

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
I was overclocked to I think 3.6 or 3.7 on the Wraith with my 1700. Seemed about on par with the aged Hyper 212.

Motorcharge

VIP
VIP
Best answers
I was overclocked to I think 3.6 or 3.7 on the Wraith with my 1700. Seemed about on par with the aged Hyper 212.
Yeah, but it's also 1/4 the size of that 212. How quiet it was was what I liked about it. For a stock cooler it's nice as hell.

Darren

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
Yeah, but it's also 1/4 the size of that 212. How quiet it was was what I liked about it. For a stock cooler it's nice as hell.
Nah I meant it as a good thing. It's tiny compared to the 212 and is free with the CPU but performs like the air cooler a lot of people recommend for an extra $30.

Meanwhile their old coolers sounded like jet engines and thermal throttled at stock.

beers

Best answers
My rig's pretty much done for the moment, total potato shot pic, however.