Computer Showroom

Motorcharge

VIP
VIP
Best answers
I had one and took it off immediately. I hate that it covered the lights on top and the giant bulky piece of plastic looks worse than a well routed cable. I couldn't believe how big they were once I got mine. They'd be worth using if they were like half the size that they are.

Darren

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
I had one and took it off immediately. I hate that it covered the lights on top and the giant bulky piece of plastic looks worse than a well routed cable. I couldn't believe how big they were once I got mine. They'd be worth using if they were like half the size that they are.
You still got it laying around? Given the layout of my case it would look a lot better than the cables I have since they have a big loop between the PCI-E connectors and I don't have a full window.

Intel_man

Supermoderator
Best answers
The circuitry required was the reason why it was bulky. The original "prototype" they had... had a illuminated evga logo. I was disappointed when the final production one didn't come with one.

Motorcharge

VIP
VIP
Best answers
They could make it smaller by simply having it have wires in it instead of circuitry so that it's basically just an extension cord. I dunno why they don't just put the power connector on the side in the first place.

Intel_man

Supermoderator
Best answers
They could make it smaller by simply having it have wires in it instead of circuitry so that it's basically just an extension cord.
Because the way it's done now allows for greater config support. Such as 6+6 layout, 6+8 layout, and 8+8 layout with the option of moving the actual plugs around to see fit on your card.

Motorcharge

VIP
VIP
Best answers
Because the way it's done now allows for greater config support. Such as 6+6 layout, 6+8 layout, and 8+8 layout with the option of moving the actual plugs around to see fit on your card.
Yeah, and it makes for a bulky, ugly piece of giant plastic hanging off your GPU. I'd gladly pay twice as much for one that was much more low profile and didn't look like total crap. Then again I've got a modular PSU and all the cables are neatly wrapped and whatnot, I might feel differently about the look of the thing if it was hiding a bunch of multicolored cables on a cheap PSU.

Shane

Best answers
Nice,good job :)

Whats with the tape on the PSU just curious. :)

Darren

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
Nice,good job :)

Whats with the tape on the PSU just curious. :)
The logo for the CX600M incorporates some green that clashed with my color scheme. On a whim I covered it in electrical tape and it has a noticeable impact on the look, cleans it up nicely.

Shane

Best answers
Ah i see,i use to have that PSU except mine was just the regular CX600 (Non modular) very good PSU for the price and virtually silent. :)

AlienMenace

Best answers
My Baby.jpg My Monitor.jpg

This is my old Computer system. Cooler Master HAF XM 922. And using a 32in TV for monitor.

AlienMenace

Best answers
Yeah I know, it was cleaned about a week after I took the picture. It was worst inside though. Cleaned all that up to. I clean it about once a month normally. And the cellphone flash doesn't do it any justice either. :( I got the "Unicorn My little Pony" as a gag gift for my 60th birthday. So I put it to good use. It guards my computer.

Last edited: