HOTAS and other pads

Punk

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
Do you guys play any games with USB controllers?

I play Elite Dangerous with these HOTAS (Hands On Throttle And Stick):

Thrustmaster T.16000 M Fcs Hotas

It makes the game so much realistic. Next step would be buying the VR equipement.

Cromewell

Administrator
Best answers
I couldn't get into elite dangerous. I tried but watching a bunch of youtube videos to learn how to play didn't really do it for me.

For a long time I had a Saitek x36. I really liked it for flight/space sim games. It connected via a gameport (or midi port depending on what you know it as) and I couldn't bring myself to drop $200+ on a new x56 or x65.

What is the slider below the stick for on that thrustmaster?

Intel_man

Supermoderator
Best answers
I own CH Products Fighterstick and the Pro Throttle setup.

porterjw

Administrator
Best answers
I have one of the Thrustmasters and live it. Not sure what model but it about $50usd. I played for like 2 days with a keyboard before I had enough. HOTAS makes the game infinitely better.

voyagerfan99

VIP
VIP
Best answers
I bought the Saitek X52 back in 2007-ish for use with FS9 and FSX. It's definitely aged and has issues with the twist sensor, but aside from that it wasn't too bad when I first got it.

Punk

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
I couldn't get into elite dangerous. I tried but watching a bunch of youtube videos to learn how to play didn't really do it for me.
It took me around 10 hours to get into the game. Then had some friends help me and we played together so it got even better. Game is so much fun. We just came back from a six month long irl exploration trip ;)

What is the slider below the stick for on that thrustmaster?
Can be anything you wish, right now nothing for me. On a previous setup I had be the range of the sensor in ED.