New printer

Punk

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
Hey guys!

My printer (Canon MX375, six years old) has been dead for a few month now, and I'm considering buying a new one (printing is dead, scanning is fine though). I was wondering, what is today's best cost-effective deal? I'm not looking into spending too much, but I don't want to buy something that uses expansive cartridges either...

Thanks for any help!

johnb35

Administrator
Best answers
If you don't need color, get a laser printer. If you need color, Brother tends to be cheap on ink cartridges.

porterjw

Administrator
Best answers
Second on the Brother. My MFC is 10 years old and still flawless. Ink is fairly cheap and cartridges tend to last a while.

novicegeek

Best answers
I'd vote Brother as well. I had an HP, but if you don't use their proprietary ink cartridges, it can give you problems. Brother's ink is reasonable, though. Canon was decent for me, but in the end, when we made our most recent purchase, after doing some homework on printers, we went with a Brother MFC-J6530DW. The footprint is absolutely huge, but it's been a good printer so far.

johnb35

Administrator
Best answers
Just look at the overwhelming recommendation for Brother. That's got to tell you something.