Reinstalling Windows 10

novicegeek

Best answers
So, I need to reinstall Windows 10 on this Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop because of the constant critical process died BSOD. What's the difference between the Dell OS Recovery Tool and just plain old Windows 10 on a flash drive? I'm going to assume that I should go the Dell route because there's a service tag number on the case, which I could probably use to activate Windows, but I don't see any place that has a Windows license key, and maybe it didn't come with one because of some proprietary thing - but I'm just guessing. Am I in the ballpark, or somewhere in close proximity?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

johnb35

Administrator
Best answers
You don't have to use the Dell software. Just use the Windows 10 installation media. Once you get to the desktop after install, it will automatically activate. This way you won't have all the bloatware that Dell puts on. Most drivers should install automatically, if not let us know.

Intel_man

Supermoderator
Best answers
It's mostly just bloatware yea. You can use either or... just that if you use the Dell recovery tool, I'd suggest running revo uninstaller after to get rid of all the bloat.