Tobii 4C Eyetracker/Headtracker

Punk

Founding Member
Supermoderator
I wasn't sure where to put this as this falls under quite a few categories (gaming, tech, OS etc...), so I'll just leave this here.

I bought the Tobii 4C a week or two ago, worth about 160 euros instead of the VR set I was looking at. Why? Because it seemed like a good intermediate between full VR and none. How does it work? Well it's quite simple, the device is placed at the bottom of your screen (it hides the Samsung for me, which is totally fine) on a magnet that you stick on your screen frame. It must always be a the bottom, as the device is set to look at your eyes from the bottom. You don't need anything else, and glasses are no problem.
Installation of the software is quite simple, and you even have an introduction to eyetracking and headtracking on a spaceship where you need to look at asteroids and destroy them by pressing the space bar.
I've tried Tobii on a few games, but the main purpose for me was for Elite Dangerous. It changed the whole game, when you look to your left, it automatically sets your camera on the left. It's amazing on exploration, and an advantage in fights as you can keep your opponent in view. On Euro Truck Sim 2, it's a bit different as you need a third party software (vjoy) and it's clearly added to the game rather than working with it. The main problem is when you look at your GPS UI, it moves the camera to the right. Also, on that game, headtracking doesn't work. On Forest, it allows you have an extra "free camera" look, kinda like ETS2, also without headtracking.
Keep in mind that Tobii 4C works on a selection of games that you can find on their website.
Tobii 4c also has a bunch of options that you can use while on Windows, like moving the mouse where you're looking, highlighting folders and files you're looking at etc. I haven't looked (haha) too much in these options yet.

All in all, this is an amazing device for players who wants to take their simulation games to the next level, yet don't want to either spent too much on VR or waiting for better tech regarding VR.

https://tobiigaming.com/eye-tracker-4c/

:)

Intel_man

Supermoderator
I use Track IR for head tracking right now. Will be waiting some reviews on the Vive Pro before I make a decision on VR.

Punk

Founding Member
Supermoderator
I almost went with Track IR, but Tobii 4C was more easy to use, nothing to wear on the head.

Here is a guy who kinda compare all of those techs :)