What are you playing? (PC version)

Punk

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
Here goes the famous thread! What are you currently playing?

(Edit: This is for PC games - there is a separate Thread for Consoles here.)

Elite Dangerous has been my game for the past year (over 450 hours) and will probably still be in the next couple of years. Incredible space ship simulator in our own galaxy scaled 1:1 :)
When I'm away on business trip I usually either play AoE II HD, Hitman 2 or This War Of Mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darren

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
PUBG (like everyone else)

Also quite enjoying Forza Horizon 3 now that it seems to finally run properly. Only took them a year.

Intel_man

Supermoderator
Best answers
I got back into Cities Skylines... and basically consumed my entire life every day.

Shane

Best answers
Infestation:NewZ

Me and a friend run our own clan,and use discord as our platform,its going well so far.

porterjw

Administrator
Best answers
FF12 remake has been taking up a lot of my time. All that's left in the main story is the ending battles. Currently spamming the undead bat's and getting my team to max level.

Started ED a few weeks ago when it was on sale. I like it, barely even started though, just trying different thrustmaster button assignments to see what works best and getting the hang of flight.

Punk

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
Add me on ED if you want, I know Lucas plays the game also. It's very hard to handle at first though, took me around ten hours to master the game mechanics.

Weatherman

VIP
VIP
Best answers
I'm only playing whatever my PC can handle at the minute, I've just finished Risen, and Serious Sam 2

Serious Sam 3 i'm stuck on the last boss fight
Euro Truck Sim 2 is my daily play

TF2 if my system will play it :p

Punk

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
You can play Elite Dangerous :D

It's so well optimized I can play it on my I3 laptop (Asus R510C) (Frontier Dev should start sending me money for the all the pubicity I'm making for the game :D )

Weatherman

VIP
VIP
Best answers
I'll take a look at it, I've not really played any kinds of big MMO games in the past.

I've been searching youtube lately to see what games I can get away with running on the HD 2500, most of them show the game running, then when I try I end up with about 8FPS. The next game I'm going to try is Assassins Creed 2, (I've only just completed AC1, lol)

Darren

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
I'll take a look at it, I've not really played any kinds of big MMO games in the past.

I've been searching youtube lately to see what games I can get away with running on the HD 2500, most of them show the game running, then when I try I end up with about 8FPS. The next game I'm going to try is Assassins Creed 2, (I've only just completed AC1, lol)
Y u no GPU

Saucybreakfast

Best answers
Been playing a lot of Mount & Blade: Warband and Men of war: Assault Squad 2.

Been getting pumped to play the new sequel to Mount & Blade when it eventually comes out.

Origin Saint

VIP
VIP
Best answers
PUBG quite a bit, even though @Darren won't ever play with me :oops:
Overwatch as much as I can bear by myself.
Just played The Bunker and Orwell, both fantastic games.
Playing a chunk of Rock Band with my new electronic drum kit as well.
Stardew Valley most nights before bed just to wind down, I find that game helps a lot with that for me.
Little bit of Shellshock Live with a friend for giggles.

Darren

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
PUBG quite a bit, even though @Darren won't ever play with me :oops:
Overwatch as much as I can bear by myself.
Just played The Bunker and Orwell, both fantastic games.
Playing a chunk of Rock Band with my new electronic drum kit as well.
Stardew Valley most nights before bed just to wind down, I find that game helps a lot with that for me.
Little bit of Shellshock Live with a friend for giggles.
YOU NEVER ASK ME BOI

Tonight. We're playing. Fite me.

Been playing a lot of Mount & Blade: Warband and Men of war: Assault Squad 2.

Been getting pumped to play the new sequel to Mount & Blade when it eventually comes out.
You've been playing those nonstop since high school.

Darren

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
Wait. It runs on PC finally? I gave up after crash after crash for no apparent reason.
Yeah I fired it up a few weeks ago and it must have auto updated. Apparently there was a patch several months back that doubled framerate for a lot of people. I know there was a CPU issue where 1 thread was constantly maxed out and throttling the game really badly.

I run on mostly high and some ultra at 1440p. Usually sticks 60FPS but still some dippage to 45 on occasion. Nothing like what it used to be and usage across cores/threads is much better.

It does still like to reset my graphics settings a lot but I think it just does that every update.

Origin Saint

VIP
VIP
Best answers
Yeah I fired it up a few weeks ago and it must have auto updated. Apparently there was a patch several months back that doubled framerate for a lot of people. I know there was a CPU issue where 1 thread was constantly maxed out and throttling the game really badly.

I run on mostly high and some ultra at 1440p. Usually sticks 60FPS but still some dippage to 45 on occasion. Nothing like what it used to be and usage across cores/threads is much better.

It does still like to reset my graphics settings a lot but I think it just does that every update.
In that case I want to jump back in. My rig should be able to handle it much better now thank the lord.

Darren

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
You got that Hot Wheels DLC? It's pretty fun what little bit I played.
I pretty much refuse to buy DLC in most games unless it's more along the lines of an actual expansion. Might give it a shot once I finish the main game but meh.