Windows 10 Automatically Opening Previous Windows on Startup

Darren

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
I've been having a weird quirk/issue since I think the Fall Creators Update a couple weeks ago on my desktop. More often than not it seems that whenever I load Windows all of my previously opened Windows prior to shut down will come back up. Chrome will resume to my previous tabs from when I shut down as well as steam chat windows or file explorer windows. It doesn't happen every time but it's pretty frequently and mildly annoying. It doesn't open previously closed windows, just stuff that was open when I told it to shut down via either start menu or power button press.

I have all sleep/hibernate options disabled so I know it is being fully shut down. Any idea what's causing this? Haven't seen anything else online about it.

Punk

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
That happens when you shutdown without closing all windows or all the time?

Darren

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
I haven't really kept a close eye on it. I use my computer through the day and shut it down each night or when I leave the house so I usually don't remember what I had open (if anything). Sometimes it does boot without anything coming up but can't say if I had anything open when I shut it down or if everything was closed.

I restarted it just now and Chrome fired right up with all my previous tabs that I had open. So strange.

johnb35

Administrator
Best answers
I'm pretty sure its designed to do that, don't quote me though. Just close everything before you shut it off.

Darren

Founding Member
Supermoderator
Best answers
I'm pretty sure its designed to do that, don't quote me though. Just close everything before you shut it off.
Well it only started doing it recently and only ever noticed it on my machine and none at work.

*shrug*